Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
 
 
Lost Password?
APSyFI: The national textile industry is headed for a trade deficit, 2018 exports grow 1% and imports grow 14% (yoy).--IKATSI: The growth of the national textile industry is still hampered by floods of imports, Indonesia needs a clothing security law.


	
Product
Find millions of selling leads from around the world,now!
Featured Company
TIFICO FIBER INDONESIA PT (PT. TIFICO)
PAN ASIA, PT
SUSILIA INDAH SYNTHETIC FIBERS INDUSTRIES, PT (SULINDAFIN)
Pollyfin Canggih, PT
PT. TESTEX TESTING AND CERTIFICATION

Data & Statistic
  INDONESIA' EXPORTS / IMPORTS OF TEXTILE COMMODITIES JAN-MAR 2019
  INDONESIA' EXPORTS / IMPORTS OF TEXTILE COMMODITIES

Special Feature
  Texprocess presents ‘Digital Textile Micro Factory’ for the first time
Home arrow Latest News arrow Why should the use of cellulose fibers be spurred?


				
			
			
Why should the use of cellulose fibers be spurred? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Maizer   
Tuesday, 04 September 2018

Indonesia has the opportunity to reduce textile raw material imports by pushing textile product manufacturers to switch to cellulose fiber.

 

Widi Nugroho Sahib, Head of Corporate Affairs of PT South Pacific Viscose, said currently to produce cotton-based textiles, Indonesia imported all of the raw materials.

 

Meanwhile, synthetic fiber or polyester raw materials have been able to be met by domestic industries up to 80%, while the remaining 20% ​​is still imported.

 

"While the 15% rayon is imported and 85% local," Widi said

 

The ability of the upstream textile sector for this rayon will continue to grow. The Ministry of Industry estimates that a number of new factories will enter and operate to provide these raw materials.

 

This is supported by the national industry's ability to produce high-quality rayon because special plants as raw material for rayon fiber can be harvested in relatively shorter ages in Indonesia compared to countries that have four seasons.

 

Meanwhile, investment commitments in the upstream petrochemical sector will make Indonesia independent in procuring fiber. Minister of Industry Airlangga Hartarto estimates that in the next 3 years and five years, he will also encourage synthetic fibers as raw materials.

 

The Ministry of Industry estimates that the national textile and textile products (TPT) industry can grow 4% -6% this year. This sector continues to show improvement because last year, this sector grew by 3.45%, after in 2016 only 1.76%.

 

The Director of the Textile, Leather, Footwear and Multifarious Industries of the Ministry of Industry, Muhdori said that national textile production is currently export-oriented.

 

The Ministry of Industry noted that around 30% of ready-made clothes from the textile industry were intended to meet the needs of the domestic market. "The remaining around 70% is for export," he said.

 

This year, the Ministry of Industry pegged the export of the textile industry to US $ 13.5 billion and could absorb as many as 2.95 million workers.

 

Meanwhile, in 2019, exports of TPT products are expected to reach US $ 15 billion and absorb as much as 3.11 million workers. "This sector is able to provide a world export share of 1.6%," he added.

 

 

Mengapa Penggunaan Serat Selulosa Harus Dipacu?

 

 

Indonesia berpeluang menekan impor bahan baku tekstil dengan mendorong produsen produk tekstil beralih ke serat selulosa.

 

Widi Nugroho Sahib, Head of Corporate Affairs PT South Pacific Viscose, menuturkan saat ini untuk memproduksi tekstil berbahan dasar kapas, Indonesia mengimpor seluruh bahan baku tersebut.

 

Sementara itu, bahan baku serat sintesis atau polyester sudah mampu dipenuhi industri dalam negari hingga 80%, sedangkan sisanya sebesar 20% masih diimpor.

 

“Sedangkan rayon 15% impor dan lokal 85%,” kata Widi

 

Kemampuan sektor hulu tekstil untuk rayon ini akan terus bertambah. Kementerian Perindustrian memperkirakan sejumlah pabrik baru akan masuk dan beroperasi untuk menyediakan bahan baku tersebut.

 

Hal ini didukung oleh kemampuan industri nasional dalam memproduksi rayon berkualitas tinggi karena tanaman khusus sebagai bahan baku serat rayon dapat dipanen dalam usia relatif lebih singkat di Indonesia dibandingkan dengan negara yang memiliki empat musim.

 

Sementara itu, komitmen investasi di sektor hulu petrokimia akan membuat Indonesia mandiri dalam pengadaan serat. Menteri Perindustrian Airlangga Hartarto memperkirakan dalam 3 tahun-5 tahun ke depan, pihaknya juga mendorong serat sintetis sebagai bahan baku.

 

Kementerian Perindustrian memperkirakan industri tekstil dan produk tekstil (TPT) nasional dapat tumbuh 4%-6% pada tahun ini. Sektor ini terus menunjukan perbaikan karena pada tahun lalu, sektor ini tumbuh sebesar 3,45%, setelah pada 2016 hanya 1,76%.

 

Direktur Industri Tekstil, Kulit, Alas Kaki, dan Aneka Kemenperin Muhdori menyebutkan, produksi tekstil nasional saat ini berorientasi ekspor.

 

Kemenperin mencatat, sekitar 30% pakaian jadi dari hasil industri tekstil ditujukan memenuhi kebutuhan pasar dalam negeri. “Sisanya sekitar 70% untuk ekspor,” ungkapnya.

 

Pada tahun ini, Kemenperin mematok ekspor industri TPT sebesar US$13,5 miliar dan dapat menyerap tenaga kerja sebanyak 2,95 juta orang.

 

Sementara itu, pada 2019, ekspor produk TPT diharapkan bisa mencapai US$15 miliar dan menyerap sebanyak 3,11 juta tenaga kerja. “Sektor ini mampu memberikan share ekspor dunia sebesar 1,6%,” imbuhnya.

 
		
More Latest News & Recent
Textile Association Hope Government to Fix Business Ecosystems
RI Textile Weak, Jokowi Regret Open Import Door
The Government Begins Safeguard Investigation for Textile Products
President Jokowi Asks for Input from Textile Businesses and Synthetic Fiber Manufacturers
Kein: Indonesian Textile Industry Grows Above Average
Latest Selling Leads
kain twill kembang 2019-03-26
Printmate 2017-10-27
Label 2017-04-07
Canvas Fabric 2016-04-29
POST   |   MORE
Latest Buying Leads
kain katun jepang 2019-03-26
Cari Kain 2019-03-26
Twill Pants 2017-04-07
All Finish Fabric 2016-03-21
POST   |   MORE
  EXPERT PERSPECTIVE
Export Perspective of Textiles Industry
Suharno
IKATSI Chairman
Export Perspective of Textiles Industry
Read more...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
 | Home | About Us | Contact Us | Organization Link | Our Publication | Advertisement | Sitemap | CSR | Term & Condition  | 
Copyright © 2008, All rights reserved by CV. Gaindo Pratama Indonesia.